The Human Resources Director (International) will have a passion for people and culture, and a desire to directly impact business growth at the enterprise level. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering both HR operational excellence and driving the people and culture strategy. You will be a member of both the Global HR Leadership Team, and the EMEA Senior Leadership Team, responsible for driving alignment and maximizing efficiencies across the businesses.
The role is critical in executing people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
You can expect to:
- Coach and mentor leadership team on performance management issues such as employee performance, career and personal development and resolving employee concerns.
- Maintain high visibility; and maintain high level of engagement with employees.
- Provide enterprise leadership on various people and culture initiatives.
- Conduct/facilitate local training and development sessions as needed.
- Follow up consistently with new hires to ensure adequate and proper training is provided.
- Partner with the centralized HR and Talent Acquisition Teams, who manage all administrative, employment matters and recruiting.
The successful HR Director (International) must be able to perform effectively in each of these areas.
- Guides and manages the overall provision of HR services, policies and programs for all of International.
- Develop the HR business plan with measurable objectives and budget.
- Staffing of the HR department to effectively serve the needs of the organization.
- Overall talent management strategy and implementation including workforce planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and development, performance planning, management development and improvement and succession planning.
- Organization development, change management initiatives, and company wide culture and environment at work for employees.
- Oversee employment law compliance and compliance to regulatory concerns.
- Demonstrated proficiency in policy development, documentation, training and implementation.
- Oversees employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
- Managing external executive recruiting agencies.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of all human resources efforts both financially and in terms of where they proceeded the company’s needed objectives and outcomes.
To be successful, you will need:
- 10+ years of Human Resource experience in progressively more responsible positions.
- Professional presence; polished communication skills and proven ability to effectively collaborate with senior level management.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent listening and assessment skills.
- Confidence and ability to influence others, facilitate processes, and coach/advise managers.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality in interpersonal interaction.
- Experience directing the efforts of a team of diverse professionals with regard to outstanding human resources initiatives.
- A demonstrable commitment to evidence-based, measurable HR services and activities.
- An expert in employment law.
- Strong commitment to and interest in employee relations and communication.
- Ability to lean in an environment of constant change. The ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the senior executive team.
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Ideally, international HR experience across multiple EMEA locations in the medical device industry would be preferred.
- Willingness to travel 30-40%
- Undergraduate required and Post Graduate required.