Our client is seeking a General Manager to lead the business and be responsible for day to day management. They will provide operational and sales leadership and direction to Managers and their teams to ensure that an excellent standard of service is provided and maintained whilst successfully achieving all goals set by the business.
- To ensure that all departments operate effectively and that the functions and activities are aligned to departmental and company objectives.
- To ensure that the functions are adequately staffed and trained to deliver to planned targets.
- Develop a performance management culture, allowing staff to develop internally within the business.
- Create and sustain a positive environment displaying high levels of motivation and excellent team spirit.
- Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve the best performance in meeting the company’s needs.
- Ensure continual training through evaluation, development and training of staff and management.
- Analysis and reporting of data, linked to the sales, retention and profitability.
- Develop internal relationships with marketing, finance, and regulatory functions.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Experience of Managing in predominantly an operational environment, ideally with some experience of sales.
- Experience of working in an FCA Regulated organisation.
- Understanding of compliance.
- Track record of staff development, able to develop this culture.
- Good analytical skills.
- Knowledge of process improvement.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to make own decisions.
- Advanced Excel skills.