The Finance Director (International) is responsible for managing International (OUS) accounting operations, transaction processing and statutory reporting. Responsible for establishing corporate accounting policies and practices; directly managing third-party accounting providers in addition to international accounting functions. This individual will ensure corporate compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, while assisting management with accurate and timely financial information.
In particular you can expect to:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all accounting operational functions OUS, including general accounting, providing oversight to the payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Develop and implement financial accounting and reporting policies and procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and quality of month-end close and quarterly reporting.
- Ensure internal controls within the Company in terms of policies and procedures are followed.
- Continually identify opportunities to streamline processes. Engages team in the evaluation of existing processes and related internal controls make recommendations for improvement ensuring robust and appropriate internal controls.
- Accountable for performing research and analysis of technical accounting issues affecting the Company.
- Assists with the annual worldwide budgeting and planning process and the development of management reporting systems, including forecasting and financial analysis.
- Responsible for leading a high performing team.
- The successful Finance Director (International) must be able to perform effectively in each of these areas
- The Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
- The International Finance Director has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy (International) and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
- Often managing and leading a team through difficult periods including month end, year end and annual budgeting, the Finance Director would have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff, often having to work with various departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets.
- In periods of change and growth an effective Finance Director is critical, coordinating corporate finance and managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions as appropriate.
- Form a close working relationship with Senior Executives and Non Executives.
- Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company’s accounting function (International).
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Lead and develop finance teams.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to investors.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors.
To be successful, you will need:
- Strong academic credentials, including an undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline.
- 10 years demonstrated Controller experience in the manufacturing/medical device/pharmaceutical industry.
- Carve out/PE experience preferred.
- Experience implementing a financial systems strategy.
- Experience contributing toward the development of department strategy.
- Proven leadership experience and accomplished problem solver
- FX accounting experience.
- CPA required. (Certified Public Accountant).
- Ability to lean in an environment of constant change. The ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the senior executive team.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Ideally, international FD experience across multiple EMEA locations in the medical device industry would be preferred.
- Willingness to travel (20%)
Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey.